Call us for any questions

(202) 833-4910

AFSPA Travel Plans FAQs

AFSPA's travel plans are designed to be especially helpful for overseas leisure travel, but they can also cover trips within the United States.

Your FSBP health plan provides medical coverage from anywhere in the world, However, it will only cover emergency transport to the nearest treatment facility; not necessarily back to the United States or place of original trip departure.  The Travel Emergency Network (TEN) travel plan provides emergency evacuation back to the U.S. or home residence, repatriation of remains, and 24-hour accidental death coverage without having to pay for unneeded medical benefits that often increases premium rates.

Yes, if your family member is a Foreign National. The Wander Frequent Traveler plan will cover Non-U.S. citizens who travel to the United States and Canada.

You can enroll directly by calling the Plan Administrator at  800-821-2828 or online at

U.S. Citizens or permanent residents:
If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, both the TAI and TEN travel plans require that travel originate in the U.S. and that the insured person or group travels at least 100 miles from home or place of permanent residence in order to be covered. As long as your trip is 100 miles from your permanent home address, you can be covered domestically.

Non-U.S. citizens:
Non-U.S. citizens traveling to the U.S. are covered while in the country under the Wonder Frequent Traveler plan.

Medicare only covers the medical expenses you incur when you are in the continental U.S. Therefore, enrolling in a travel insurance policy that covers medical expenses overseas is appropriate.

What we offer

Health Insurance

Life Insurance

Disability Insurance

Members of Household Insurance

Travel Insurance

Professional Services

Discount Care Programs

Have a Question?

Our friendly staff are here to answer your questions.