May 7, 2015
From the CEO
The new Self Plus One enrollment type goes into effect on January 1, 2016! It will cover the enrollee and one eligible family member selected by the enrollee. An eligible family member includes:
- A spouse (including a valid common law marriage);
- A child under age 26 including:
- Recognized natural child;
- Legally adopted child;
- Stepchild (including child of same-sex domestic partners in certain states);
- Child age 26 or over who is incapable of self-support because of a mental or physical disability that existed before age 26; and
- Foster child who meets certain requirements with your signed certification.
For more detailed information on eligible family members click here.
If you are interested in the new Self Plus One enrollment type, you must enroll during the 2015 Open Season period (November 9, 2015 through December 14, 2015) or when you experience a specific Qualifying Life Event (QLE) beginning in 2016. The rates for the Self Plus One enrollment type have not yet been set. They will, however, be available sometime in October 2015. For more detailed information on the Self Plus One enrollment type click here.
The Self Plus One enrollment type is a long awaited option. This is an exciting time in the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program. Thank you for entrusting AFSPA and the FSBP with your health benefits needs and allowing us to provide you with the unparalleled service our members have come to expect.
To Your Health,
Paula S. Jakub, RHU